The annual Hajj in Mecca, Saudi Arabia draws millions of Muslim devotees from all over the world. While this moment is very special for Muslims worldwide, the risk of being exposed to harmful diseases from other parts of the world increases substantially due to the massive number of people attending. The most effective way to protect yourself from illness is by getting vaccinated at Miles Pharmacy.
For detailed information on what Hajj and Umrah vaccinations you need, here is what you need to do before traveling to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and Umrah.
Miles Pharmacy Travel Clinic
At Miles Pharmacy Travel Clinic, our expert travel clinicians specialize in the recommended and mandatory vaccine requirements for the Hajj and Umrah pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.
Our travel nurses will provide expert advice on which vaccinations you need and recommend medications and safety measures for preventative tips you can use to stay healthy during your travels.
HAJJ & UMRAH VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
The Meningococcal Meningitis (ACWY) Vaccine is a mandatory health requirement for people performing Hajj and Umrah in Saudi Arabia, a pilgrimage to Mecca that Muslims are expected to accomplish at least once during their lifetime.
UK residents are obliged to show a Certificate of Vaccination for Meningococcal Meningitis (ACWY). Without this, attendees will not be able to get a travel visa to travel to the annual Hajj pilgrimage.
If you haven’t done the Meningococcal Meningitis (ACWY) vaccination within the last 3 years, you must get it at least 10 days prior to your expected date of entry into Saudi Arabia.
Key Vaccine Information:
- Single vaccine
- NO prescription is required.
- 3-year protection against Meningococcal Meningitis (ACWY)
- Mandatory visa requirement for Hajj and Umrah Pilgrims by Saudi Arabia
- Common side effects may include soreness at the site of injection and fever
- The Hajj & Umrah Vaccine is privately administered at Miles Pharmacy, it is NOT available for free through the NHS.
Additionally, confirm that you are up to date with your routine vaccinations. Getting the vaccination or booster is recommended for these vaccines if they are not up to date:
· Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Polio
· Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
· Seasonal Influenza
· Yellow Fever Hajj and Umrah Vaccination Services & Treatment are available on short notice to accommodate travelers for Hajj. Visit Miles Pharmacy for your Hajj & Umrah Vaccination in Banstead, Cheam, or Sutton.